"Earth Now: A Fiber Show of Hope"
At Tortuga Gallery from November 3-29, 2017
Call for art due on October 1, 2017
Call for Art
As an artist working in fiber medium and as a member of planet Earth, speak out. Are you hopeful? Can humans work together amidst these troubled times? Do you have a visual plan? How can we turn our problems into opportunities?
· Work must be fiber in nature: weaving, knitting, crochet, silk painting, paper work such as origami or handmade paper and can include an interactive component.
· Work is a response to the Earth Now statement (above) and/or the ‘Earth in the Balance’ quilt by Judith Roderick.
· Submit up to three images to Tortuga@TortugaGallery.org and
· Send the $20 jury fee by October 1, 2017
· Works will be selected based on creativity, fiber use and response to prompt.
"Earth in the Balance" by Judith Roderick is the inspiration for this Fiber Show.
A wide variety of art and artists is anticipated for this show.
Show organizers are Hilary Heyl, Jill Logan, Patricia Oakley, Judith Roderick & Suzanne Visor.